About Our Tutors
Tutors who know their subjects, and know the needs of their students.
Smarthinking’s tutors are seasoned educators - 90% have an advanced degree in their fields and they average over 9 years of teaching or tutoring experience. Drawn from college faculty, graduate students, high school teachers and retired educators, all tutors must complete Smarthinking’s online training program and are regularly evaluated for quality and consistency. Each academic area is led by one of Smarthinking’s subject-area coordinators, all of whom are former college professors and experts in their disciplines.
Smarthinking tutors will:
- Encourage students with constructive criticism;
- Help students identify areas for improvement;
- Involve students in discussion and problem-solving strategies;
- Treat students with respect.
Smarthinking tutors will not:
- Do assignments for the learner, give answers or write any portion of papers;
- Review and correct errors without active participation of the learners;
- Comment on grades or predict a possible grade.